It was three years ago that we last managed to be together. This was certainly an impossible trip for us. (See previous posts for more details). Twenty-four hours before we were supposed to leave we had no tickets. We had nothing but a promise that it was His plan.
As we now cross the country together on a train to Adelaide – another example of His faithfulness to us – after a wonderful week in Perth, I have many take-aways from this trip so far. Here are just a few:
- Watching my three girls minister the Word through prophecy and art and prayer all evening to a missionary Friend and colleague who is working in an unreached people group in Asia
- Seeing 12 people from six nations impacted by the Word of God as we taught them storytelling through STS
- Watching a nine year old girl lead two old men into applications for today after telling them a complicated story about God, Pharaoh and Moses
- Watching a Singaporean young man grasp the training well and then lead others to understanding
- At last seeing my oldest daughter dance ‘live’ with her Island Breeze team at the luau they held at YWAM Perth
- Hanging out with a dear old friend from Kansas City days, and seeing some of the incredible animals in Australia as a family
- Meeting up with a Perth couple whom I last saw in the 70s when I worked with them in Senegal
- Just getting lots of family time, which we hope to continue for the next ten days we have together
Blessed of our Father.